HOUSTON ROCKETS PHOTO BOOTH TICKET GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
In return for the opportunity to participate in the Houston Rockets Photo Booth Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes described herein (the “Sweepstakes”), Rocket Ball, Ltd. (the “Houston Rockets”) requires your agreement to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Official Rules”).
1. ENTRY PERIOD. The Sweepstakes will begin on November 18, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) and end on April 10, 2023, at 11:00 p.m. CT (the “Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Only legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of the first day of the Entry Period are eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes, provided they live within the state of Texas or 150 miles of the Houston, TX city limits, excluding residents within 75 miles of either the Dallas, TX or San Antonio, TX city limits. Employees and immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings, and children) of employees of the Houston Rockets, Clutch City Sports & Entertainment, L.P. (“Toyota Center”), the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”) and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, partners, officers, governors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
3. ENTRIES. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entry”):
• Alternate Entry Method: Alternatively, an Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Houston Rockets Photo Booth Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes” during the Entry Period and include in the body of the email Entrant’s name, mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), email address, date of birth, phone number, the specific Home Game you would have attended, and the statement: “I agree to receive communications from the Houston Rockets, subject to opting out when and if I desire.”
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS. One (1) winner (each, a “Winner”) for each Home Game will be selected at random from among all eligible Entries received per Home Game. Each Winner will be notified via email by or before seven (7) days from the applicable Home Game during which Winner entered. By participating, each Entrant agrees to these rules and the decisions of the Houston Rockets, which shall be final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Houston Rockets reserve the right to conduct a background check of each Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant, effective upon written notice, if such Entrant commits, or has at any time committed, any act or becomes involved in, or has at any time been involved in, any situation or occurrence which act, situation, or occurrence tends in the sole opinion of the Houston Rockets to subject Entrant, the Houston Rockets or its affiliates to any ridicule, contempt, or scandal or which, in the sole opinion of the Houston Rockets or its affiliates, reflects unfavorably upon the Houston Rockets or its affiliates. If any potential Winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours after the first attempt, declines the Prize, or fails to claim the Prize, then such Winner will forfeit the right to be a Winner, and the Houston Rockets may select a replacement Winner from among all remaining eligible Entries.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION; ODDS. Each Winner will receive two (2) lower bowl tickets to a Houston Rockets game at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas (the “Prize” with an approximate retail value of $100). All aspects of the Prize, including, without limitation, the selection of the seat locations and/or individual game, shall be determined by the Houston Rockets in their sole discretion, and any Prize shall be subject to all NBA rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, restrictions, and to the same rules and regulations as regularly sold tickets, including but not limited to rules related to COVID-19. The Houston Rockets shall not be responsible for any expenses associated with any Prize, including but not limited to travel accommodations or transportation expenses. Winners may not sell, assign, transfer, or substitute the Prize (or any portion of the Prize) or redeem the Prize (or any portion of the Prize) for cash value. Winners will be responsible for any federal, state, and local taxes associated with the Prize and for any expenses associated with the Prize. Winners may be required to sign, at the request of and in the sole discretion of the Houston Rockets, a Release, an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or a Prize Acceptance Form to receive the Prize. The Houston Rockets reserve the right to substitute the Prize with any prize of greater or equal value. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received per Home Game.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. The Houston Rockets shall not be responsible for Entries that are incomplete, improperly submitted, stolen, misdirected, lost, late, or damaged. All Entries become the property of the Houston Rockets and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, each Entrant agrees to HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY the Released Parties from any and all liability, damages, claims, and causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of (i) Entrant’s participation in the photo booth activity or the Sweepstakes, (ii) Entrant’s Entry or any registration material and/or personal data entered or provided to the Released Parties on any related website, (iii) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or (iv) the receipt, participation in, or use of a Prize (or any portion of a Prize) or any replacement prize that may be awarded herein, including any travel associated with a Prize.
7. CONSENT OF USE. Each Entrant hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, to the editing, modification, replication, publication, and other use of the names, likenesses, photographs, voices, Entries, and the like of each Entrant in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation, the Houston Rockets website and in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by the Released Parties, and each of their respective partners, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, governors, employees, and agents, except where prohibited by law. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, each Entrant further assigns any and all rights he or she may have over their Entry to the Houston Rockets without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind.
8. RULES. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Houston Rockets and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Houston Rockets reserve the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes at any time without notice.
9. DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Each Entrant agrees that any controversy, dispute, or claim arising out of, relating to or connected with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, which will be conducted in Houston, Texas, in accordance with the then-current JAMS (“JAMS”) Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties, if possible. If the parties fail to reach agreement upon the appointment of an arbitrator within thirty (30) days following receipt by one party of the other party’s notice of desire to arbitrate, the arbitrator shall be selected from a list or lists of persons submitted by JAMS. The selection process shall be that which is set for in the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures then prevailing. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain any punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) to an Entrant, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
10. FORCE MAJEURE. The Houston Rockets shall not be responsible for the failure or interruption of any website, webpage, or social-media platform mentioned herein (including those of the Released Parties), www.rockets.com, any email server, or the cancellation or postponement of any drawing for any reason including, but not limited to, equipment failure or malfunction, electrical service interruption, or any act of God. In addition, in the event that the Houston Rockets are prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, epidemic, pandemic, virus, disease, bacteria, flood, hurricane, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the control of the Houston Rockets, the Houston Rockets shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes.
12. WINNERS LIST. To receive written confirmation of the Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Houston Rockets Photo Booth Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes, 1510 Polk Street, Houston, TX 77002, Attn: Nick Anders. Requests must be received by June 30, 2023.